The pledge of nonviolence written by Martin Luther King Jr., and signed by his marchers, 1963:
1. As you prepare to march meditate on the life and teachings of Jesus.here are my downfalls...
2. Remember the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation - not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love; for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God that all men and women might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes that all might be free.
6. Observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Perform regular service for others and the world.
8. Refrain from violence of fist, tongue and heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement leaders and of the captains on demonstrations.
#2 - i want victory... i know it's not about victory, but often justice isn't enough.
#6 - how to be courteous to your foes?... it's often more strength than i have.
#8 - oh, i won't hit you for what you do, but i may hate you.
lord, i know i'm undeserving, but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.