It’s an empowering mindset to be able to create conversation with potentially anyone. There is always the choice to talk to whom I want to talk to.
1. Say the magic word: “Hi.”
2. Detach yourself from the outcome.
3. Tolerate rejection.
4. Don’t mind what strangers think.
5. If you feel the fear, do it anyway.
7. Make it about them.
8. Make them laugh.
9. Try to discover their core passion.
10. Go out and smile!
11. Imagine that the other person is already your friend.
11 Ways to Turn Strangers into Friends | Tiny Buddha: Wisdom Quotes, Letting Go, Letting Happiness In by Matt Ramos
Matt Ramos is a college student who wants to make the world a better place. You can read his blog at http://30vanquish.com. He writes about rejection, breaking social barriers, and altruism as a means of overcoming his struggle with social anxiety while making the world less boring.