- Sen. Pomeroy (Republican) sponsored a bill to establish the first National Park (Yellowstone National Park) signed to law under President Grant (Republican).
- The National Park Service Organic Act which established the National Park Service was a bill sponsored by Sen. Reed Smoot (R) and signed under President Wilson (D).
- President Theodore Roosevelt (R), a well known conservationist, signed bills creating five National Parks.
- President Harrison (R) signed Forest Reserve Act and placed 13 million acres into National Forests. President Cleveland (D) put in 25 million. President McKinley (R) put in 7 million.
- President Nixon (R) signed National Environmental Policy Act, established the EPA, and signed the Clean Air Act.
- President Gerald Ford (R) signed Energy Policy and Conservation Act.
- President Ronald Regan (R) entered into the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer.
- President George W. Bush established marine preserves nearly 215 million acres (195,274 square miles) in size.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
just so we're clear, Republicans aren't evil, anti-environmentalists... quite the contrary... below are some simple facts from our history: